Saturday, January 25, 2014

ICYMI: New except for 'City of Heavenly Fire' and Cassandra Clare interview


Entertainment Weekly has the Shadowhunter fandom abuzz with the newest except from the final installment of The Mortal Instruments series City of Heavenly Fire. In an interview with author Cassandra Clare, we find out some juicy tidbits of info about the book and about a super secret TV project. (You can go to EW for the entire article).

EW: There are no advance copies of City of Heavenly Fire. How hard is it to keep everything about the book a secret?
Cassie: When there are [advance copies], I feel like I am more able to talk about [the books] in interviews and online, even though, of course, I don’t want to spoil people. But this one is under such a blanket of secrecy, I am a little bit scared to say anything. And it took me awhile to get used to that. … The idea that this stuff is kept so under wraps is really hard to adjust to as a writer, but I will say that people have read it. I have a whole writing group. They have all read it and given me notes.
EW: What can you tease about the book?
Cassie: I can definitely say that the characters go to a location that we’ve heard about, but we’ve never seen in any of the books. There is a death of a major character really early on in the book that I think will surprise people. And there are two weddings.
EW: How does it feel to finally be at the end of this series?
Cassie: Wrapping up a series that’s been going on for so long — and it’s the year after the movie came out — you really feel like this is the most highly anticipated book I’ve written and will maybe ever write. So it’s certainly an incredibly odd feeling.
EW: Now that you’re finished with The Mortal Instruments, what other projects are you working on?
Cassie: One of the things I’m super excited about is a TV project. I can’t say that much about it because it’s super secret. But it’s been really fun, and I’m really excited. Sorry I can’t say more.
EW: When do you think you’ll be able to speak freely?
Cassie: I’m guessing in a couple of months, but it’s super exciting because I love television.
Before we can wrap our heads around the two weddings (Shadowhunters, will it be Jocelyn/Luke, Clary/Jace, Magnus/Alec or maybe even Jem/Tessa?), we must first sit here squeamishly while we theorize who will die early on? We want your thoughts on this! #TMIWhoWillDie

Even maybe more exciting is that their is a TV project in the works. If you're like we are, the thought of The Infernal Devices becoming a regular TV series is FANTASTICLY exciting (right up there with a Dirty Sexy Alley Scene or Will Herondale just being who he is). What actors would you like to see on the small screen in a TID show?

Now to the biggest part of the news: a brand new snippet from CoHF.
 
How do you feel about this council member, Diana, telling Clary to kill Sebastian with the Morgenstern sword? Do you think Clary has it in her to rid the world of him, or should she instead find a way to rid him of the evil within? We'll find out all the answers on May 27th as City of Heavenly Fire hits bookstores near you. Until then, share your thoughts, feels, theories and more in the comments below or with us on Twitter at @TMI_Institute. @TMI_Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...