Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Review for 'Shatter Me' by Tahereh Mafi





No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.


But Juliette has plans of her own.

After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever...





Words cannot describe how good this book was.




It took time to fully grasp what the hell was going on, but also I think that was me feeling what Juliette was feeling. She was confused, lonely, afraid, and every other mother f*cking emotion that made her who she was. Human. Despite what she told herself. Despite others being afraid of her.


And boy did she learn to deal. She kicked ASS! Adam <3 but still a psycho part of me kinda liked Warner... I know. I'm a bad person. But I have a thing for troubled guys in fiction.




I also kind of liked Kenji, even though he was annoying as hell, he still had that smart arse attitude, a quirky sense of humour. It made things come to life, made you laugh while horrible things went on around them.




I seriously need Unravel Me now. *adds it to my Amazon basket*




If you haven't read Shatter Me yet, What are you waiting for?!


It's got everything you could possibly want/need in a YA Dystopian - in fact, I think it's more than a dytopian...it's more, dytopian fantasy. There's supernatural, sexy sexy romance, some light humour, thrills, pain, excitement.... I was not expecting to like this as much as I did (if I'm being honest) so I am thoroughly GLAD I did.







You need to read this, just to see its excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...