Thursday, July 19, 2012

CASTING NEWS! Magnus has been unveiled

Godfrey Gao rolled in on a cloud of sparkly smoke and snagged the role of our High Warlock of Brooklyn in the upcoming TMI movie City of Bones. Godfrey Gao joins Lily Collins as Clary Fray, Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace Wayland, Jemima West as Isabelle Lightwood and Robert Sheehan as Simon Lewis as the main cast.

Here's what Cassie had to say:


Casting News: Magnus Bane
yes it is MAGNUS!!!
So after an exhaustive search during which many, many hot Asian men were considered by the casting director (her job, so painful), the director, and the seventy-odd other dudes who have to sign off on this kind of thing, I can confidently tell you that our Magnus may be …
THE HOTTEST MAN IN THE WORLD.
Which is only fitting for Magnus, of course.
Our Magnus is:
Godfrey Gao.
You cannot take a bad picture of this guy. It is impossible. That is probably why he is a supermodel as well as being an actor.
It’s raining on Magnus!
Godfrey is, in addition to being all gorgeous and stuff, super-talented (his audition was awesome), loves the books, and is, like Magnus, ridiculously tall. 
He is also super-nice — we emailed briefly and he said “I’m half Indonesian, because my mom is Peranakan Malaysian And my dad is Shanghainese - Soo hopefully the fans will like me playing Magnus!”
Oh, I don’t think there’s any worry about that! But if you are as happy and excited as I am, tell Godfrey! He’s on twitter at http://twitter.com/godfreygao and he’d love to hear from you. 
Meanwhile, I am off to compose a letter to whosoever may be playing Alec.
Dear So and So,
Here are some pictures of Magnus. Please feel free to send me a fruit basket. My address is …

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I likey that gif!!! Awesome pick for Magnus!! Just AWESOME!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...