Thursday, June 14, 2012

Big news from The Mortal Institute

I'm so excited to welcome aboard three amazing bloggers, Shannon, Satin and Katheryn, to the staff of The Mortal Institute. In the last few months, the blog has grown substantially, and I want to keep fans of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices up to date with the very latest information on Cassandra Clare's incredible book series and news on the upcoming movie franchise!

Get to know Shannon:
Shannon Catori has always had a passion for the arts. At the age of four she began taking singing lessons and shortly after started writing her first set of songs, recording them on her boom box and performing for family and friends. As she grew, her hunger for writing increased and Shannon wrote her first two stories called, Jump Into Spring and I Like to Dance, that were "published" by her elementary school.

Shannon attended York University and graduated from the Fine Arts program majoring in Jazz voice fulfilling her love for music. She then went on to open a music school in the GTA and Halton region called Mod Music Academy that focused on helping students ignite a passion for music and art and to aid in self discovery and finding one's muse.

Later, when she decided to pursue writing full-time she attended Ryerson University and studied Creative Writing that encouraged her hand and helped her develop her thoughts, her style and use of her imagination.

Shannon has recently teamed up with Twitter mavens and The Mortal Instruments enthusiasts @TMI_Institute, @WhereRUNow_ and @TMIShadwhunters to bring you all TMI related news including filming for the new movie, shot in Toronto starting in August. Shannon loves all things TMI and TID and is excited to start this new venture.


Get to know Satin:
Hey guys! I'm Satin. I am 22 years old, and I'll be 23 in October. I live and was born and raised in Miami. I am currently a college student. My dream in life is to become a chef so my next step is to go to culinary school. I absolutely love to read. If I am not at school or work I am usually reading. I started @TMIShadwhunters to get in on the TMI action. It has turned out to be way more than I even expected it to be. I live for good books, tv shows and movies. My favorite kind of books to read are YA paranormal and action and adventure. I also love dystopian books. I am a part of a lot of YA fandoms. My favorite book series are Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and The Mortal Instruments.

Get to know Katheryn:
Hi all. My name's Katheryn. I'm 26 years old and I've lived in England all my life - sadly. I'm a big nerd when it comes to TV and movies.... also reading. I read pretty much anything Dystopian or Fantasy related. I couldn't live without my books or even my music. I've over the past four or five years begun writing young adult fantasy/paranormal novels, as well as some fan fiction. I have so many fandoms I'm in... Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games... and obviously The Mortal Instruments. There are more on that list but those are just a few. My twitter account is @WhereRUNow_ but over the past 3 years it's been several different usernames, all ranging from boring to something Twilight related. So yep... that's about it from me.

We have big plans for things to come. Make sure you follow us at these social media outlets:

Amber, The Mortal Institute - founder/blogger:
Twitter: @TMI_Institute
Tumblr: http://themortalinstitute.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheMortalInstitute
Email: themortalinstitute@gmail.com

Shannon, The Mortal Institute - Toronto:
Website: www.shannoncatori.com
Twitter: @shannoncatori
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shannoncatori1

Satin, The Mortal Institute - Miami:
Twitter: @TMIShadwhunters
Tumblr: http://tmishadowhunters.tumblr.com/

Katheryn, The Mortal Institute - London:
Twitter:   @WhereRUNow_
Tumblr: http://dreamingofshadowhunters.tumblr.com/

Please be sure to say to hi to these three fabulous bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...